Once volunteers arrive in Kathmandu, they will be picked by someone from The Love Company. The volunteer will be placed one night at a hotel in Kathmandu and then transferred via Tourist Bus the next morning to Pokhara, where they will be placed in another hotel for the duration of their stay, You will be able to see Himalayas from the roof of the Hotel.
We have an optional 1 week program for learning basic Nepali language and volunteers can continue with lessons for the duration of their stay. You will have opportunity to teach in schools, Monastery and health posts. Orphanage is our main focus to bring volunteers from all over the world to help our children.
We also have an optional program to become accustomed to Nepalese culture. We offer our volunteers the opportunity to experience a true Nepal farm stay in a remote village. This is the area which the majority of our displaced children call “home”. A village stay will enable you to better understand and relate to our children. After this orientation into the Nepali lifestyle, you will stay in a private room with private bath room at a hotel in Pokhara for the duration of your stay.
The volunteers may come and go to the orphanage as they wish. Arrive as early as 9. 30 am to walk children to school. You can pick up the younger ones at 3 pm or you can come to help them with their homework around 4 pm. On their days off, sometimes it is nice to organize a picnic around lunch time and bring them various snacks and treats.
Below, you will find the children’s daily routine. Note that these are approximate times.
Children’s Daily routine – School days (Sunday-Friday)
- 6-6:30 Wake up and have tea and snacks.
- 6:30-7:00 Free play.
- 7-7:30 Fetch water from local spring.
- 7:30-9:00 Activities in the playroom. (Volunteers may organize activities.)
- 9:00 Breakfast time Volunteers have breakfast with children. Children have their places to sit and eat.
- 9:30 Get ready for school. Take younger children to school. Older children go by themselves.
- 10:00-14:45 Free time for volunteers.
- 15:00 Children finish school at 15:00. Volunteers may go and collect younger children from school.
- 15:30 Snack and tea.Volunteers join them for this.
- 16:00-16:30 Homework time. Help with homework if needed.
- 16:30-17:30 Activities for children. Volunteers to organize.
- 17:30-18:00 Evening meal .Volunteers join them.
- 18:30 Getting ready for bed. Volunteers can help with washing and brushing teeth; depending on the time of year this may be later.
- 19:00 Bed time.
Children’s Daily Routine – Holidays/weekends
- 6:00-6:30 Wake up and have tea.
- 6:30-7:00 Free play 7:00-7:30. Fetch water from local spring.
- 7:30-9:00 Activities in the playroom. Volunteers may organize various activities for this time.There are no organized activities. Clean-up and washing during this time.
- 9:00 Breakfast time.
- 9:30-11.00 Activities for children either in playroom or outside. Volunteers may organize more activities for this time.
- 11:00-15:30 Free time for volunteers. Children responsibility of housemothers.
- 15:30 Snack/tea time. Volunteers may join them for this.
- 16:00-17:30 Activities for children.
- 17:30-18:00 Evening meal. Volunteer to join them for meal.
- 18:30 Getting ready for bed. Volunteers can help with washing and brushing teeth.
Depending on the time of year, this may be later.
Cost to Volunteers
– 4 weeks 495 Euro
-3 weeks 395 Euros
-2 weeks 355 Euros
-1 weeks 285 Euros
Thank you so much for your kind interest with love and compassion! Please read our children profile too!
This service fee covers:
1. Food and accommodation at the placement .
2. Airport pick up and hotel accommodation in Kathmandu .
3. Bus fare from Kathmandu to Pokhara and to placement.
4. One day sight seeing to the mountain villages.
5. Simple Nepali language/culture teaching.
6. No. 2 and No. 3 will be refunded once you are in Pokhara at our contact office.
7. Bus ticket from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
Note: No money will be refunded once you start your placement.
The government of Nepal does not let volunteers stay at the orphanage.
If you are volunteering at The Love Company, you will be staying at a Pokhara hotel, a 25 minute walk to the orphanage. There will be clean bedroom with attached bathroom, solar heated hot shower and WIFI.
If you are volunteering in the village, you will be staying at the family house and going to a community school to volunteer. School starts at 10 am. If you are volunteering in the village, your toilet room and shower will be out side of the house.
If you are volunteering at the local clinic, you will be staying at a family house and going there at 10 am. The walking distance will be 10 minutes.
Outside of Pokhara, your meals will be big Nepali style dishes, Dal Bhaat ,twice a day plus snacks and tea in the afternoon.
Donations go to the Orphanage. A simple budget will help you understand how far your money goes.
- Rent US $300 per month
- Food, clothing, school supplies $350
- Phone, water, electricity, maintenance $100
- House mothers, secretary, handyman $250
Total $1000 per month
- Your donation of US$10 will easily feed one of the children for 1 weeks.
- Your donation of US$200 will feed all of the children for 2 weeks.
- Your donation of US$200 will pay for the orphanage rent for 1 month.
I have enlisted help from my German friend, Manuel Gerber , to use his PayPal to collect donations. Please go to www.thelovenepal.org.np to donate.